The Nutrition Rundown: In addition to having way more flavor than the usual store-bought potato chip, these Oven Chips also have 5 times the fiber to keep you fuller longer as well as more of the antioxidant vitamins A and C.
Spiced Sunchoke and Root Vegetable Oven Chips
with Cool Cilantro Dipping Sauce
~8-10 Jerusalem Artichokes (aka Sunchokes)
2 large parsnips
1 large turnip
1 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs toasted sesame oil
3 Tbs smoked paprika
2 Tbs ground cumin
1 Tbs ground coriander
1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tsp crushed black pepper
¼ cup sour cream
2 Tbs mayo
3 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
1 Tbs harissa or hot sauce
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub root vegetables (chokes, parsnips, and turnip). Slice thinly along diagonal, making pieces evenly sized as possible. Place sliced vegetables in large bowl, and toss with both oils.
- In small bowl, mix together spices. Sprinkle over vegetables, and toss to coat evenly. Spread in single layer on rimmed baking sheets (I used 2 large baking sheets).
- Bake in preheated oven until both sides are golden brown, ~45 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- While vegetables roast, in small bowl, mix together all ingredients for dipping sauce. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chips warm or room temperature with cool dipping sauce.