The Nutrition Rundown: Bananas and dates replace the usual refined sugar and add potassium, an important electrolyte, which blunts the rise of blood pressure when you have too much salt and helps regulate the body's fluid status. Nuts and fruit will give you lasting energy instead of the typical post-pastry crash.
All-Natural No-Bake Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
Makes 20 BrowniesIngredients for Brownies
10 oz pecans
1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 ripe bananas
1 cup dates
Directions for Brownies
- Pulse pecans, coconut, and coco powder in food processor until it resembles coarse meal. Add bananas and dates and continue to pulse until well combines (you may need to remove lid and stir ingredients occasionally).
- Press brownie mix into 9x13" pan.
Ingredients for Frosting
1/4 cup organic, natural peanut butter
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions for Frosting
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until well combined.
- Using rubber spatula, cover brownies in peanut butter topping.
- Cover and chill brownies in refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving. Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 1 week.