Suzanne Hollander, MS, RD.

Suzanne Hollander, MS, RD

As a dietitian, home cook, and enthusiast of all-things-delicious, I'm often asked, "so what do YOU eat?" Here's a blog to answer that very question! My hope is that you'll find (even just a little) inspiration from some of my favorite recipes, restaurants, party-ideas and food musings for your own happy, healthy, food-loving lifestyle.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Be a Vegetable Sensei

I love vegetables. LOVE them. But some people think they don't. I'm certain that if everyone could have them prepared well, they would find them delicious...but that's another blog, entitled "stop overcooking your vegetables, lying to yourself, and grow up." I recently had a friend over for dinner to make sure she left loving beets. I'll end the suspense--she did. Here are some suggestions for introducing new veggies to yourself or your friends:

  • Serve them as a side dish--in case they're really hesitant, they won't starve. You're not the cafeteria lady, so don't push it. 
  • Combine with foods they love (I did spinach salad with roasted beets,  toasted walnuts, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette). 
  • Ask them if they've ever had them before...you'd be shocked how many adults still "hate" foods we've never tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment