Suzanne Hollander, MS, RD.

Suzanne Hollander, MS, RD

As a dietitian, home cook, and enthusiast of all-things-delicious, I'm often asked, "so what do YOU eat?" Here's a blog to answer that very question! My hope is that you'll find (even just a little) inspiration from some of my favorite recipes, restaurants, party-ideas and food musings for your own happy, healthy, food-loving lifestyle.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Honey Apple Cake


Tonight I made Honey Apple Cake for Rosh Hashanah. I love the dates and walnuts that make this LA Times recipe a little different from standard honey cakes.

For my changes, I used a tad less sugar and honey and substituted whole wheat flour for all-purpose. Using Granny Smith apples also helped prevent overbearing sweetness that is characteristic of many honey cake recipes. I'm looking forward to trying out this batter to make muffins later this fall- it would make an excellent breakfast treat :)

L'shana tova!


No comments:

Post a Comment