- Zucchini Oven "Fries" with Spicy Garlic Aioli (see recipe below)
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus Spears (simply blanch the spears, wrap them, and stick toothpicks)
- Grandaisy Bakery Sesamo bread with brie cheese, olive oil and vinegar for dipping
- Delicious red wine (courtesy of my generous guest)
Zucchini Oven “Fries” with Spicy Garlic Aioli
For the Zucchini Fries
2 Medium Zucchinis
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 tsp dried basil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
For the Aioli
1 Tbs mayonnaise
¼ cup Greek yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
1-2 garlic cloves, roasted and mashed
1 Tbs Sriracha sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise, then into ¼” diameter spears.
- Beat egg in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, 2 Tbs Parmesan, basil, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Coat each zucchini spear first in egg, then breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet. Once all spears coated, bake for about 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While zucchini is baking, prepare Aioli by combining all ingredients in bowl. Transfer to small dish for dipping.
- Remove zucchini from oven, sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbs grated Parmesan and serve with Aioli.