Suzanne Hollander, MS, RD.

Suzanne Hollander, MS, RD

As a dietitian, home cook, and enthusiast of all-things-delicious, I'm often asked, "so what do YOU eat?" Here's a blog to answer that very question! My hope is that you'll find (even just a little) inspiration from some of my favorite recipes, restaurants, party-ideas and food musings for your own happy, healthy, food-loving lifestyle.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Weekday Breakfast and Lunch NYC Favorites

My time in NYC in drawing to a close (BIG sigh). As I get prepped for a move out west to Los Angeles, I'm getting nostalgic and trying to frequent my go-to favorites over the last few years. I'm excited to share these 2: The Grey Dog and Westville.. These places have sung my breakfast/lunch heart song since the summer I moved here, and continue to do so to this day!

 Having the opportunity to catch up with a busy friend over a late-morning weekday breakfast at Grey Dog is nearly as indulgent as the food itself.  I went with the Morning Gloria muffin and an iced coffee on a warm spring NYC day (the Vegan Pumpkin muffin is also delicious, but go early because they often run out). Friendly indy staff, delicious coffee, and breakfast pastries that are the perfect combo of not-to-sweet and hearty. It's hard to ask for anything more! But you can have it--come back at dinnertime and enjoy their delicious soups, salads, sandwiches, beer and wine.





In case these photos don't say it all--a crowd-pleasing spot to meet for brunch, lunch or dinner. Everything from great burgers and hot dogs to plates of salmon and vegetables to amazing cobbler and cookies. Whatever you do, make sure you get the Market Sides! My mom and I got a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, the daily soup, and a plate of 4 market sides--glazed Brussels sprouts, roasted butternut squash, beets with goat cheese, and roasted fennel with Parmesan. This might be my favorite lunch spot in all of NYC...really going to miss it!


Black-Eyed Pea Soup with Chorizo
Dishing up a plate of the Market Sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment