Suzanne Hollander, MS, RD.

Suzanne Hollander, MS, RD

As a dietitian, home cook, and enthusiast of all-things-delicious, I'm often asked, "so what do YOU eat?" Here's a blog to answer that very question! My hope is that you'll find (even just a little) inspiration from some of my favorite recipes, restaurants, party-ideas and food musings for your own happy, healthy, food-loving lifestyle.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer (strawberry) Lovin'

It might be approaching 90degrees in NYC, but at least one GREAT thing is coming from this summer heat--BERRY SEASON! Check out my friends from Bradley Farms at today's 97th Street Green Market tasting the goods. They may have also "twisted my arm" to eat about half a pint while I purchased.

In case you need more reason that sweet deliciousness to buy them, strawberries are low in calories and an excellent source of vitamin C, an important antioxidant to help you fight disease and reduce signs of aging. So grab a pint (or 3 like I did!) and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment