Suzanne Hollander, MS, RD.

Suzanne Hollander, MS, RD

As a dietitian, home cook, and enthusiast of all-things-delicious, I'm often asked, "so what do YOU eat?" Here's a blog to answer that very question! My hope is that you'll find (even just a little) inspiration from some of my favorite recipes, restaurants, party-ideas and food musings for your own happy, healthy, food-loving lifestyle.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Almond, Plum and Peach Pie for a BBQ

I found this recipe for Almond, Plum and Peach Pie and decided to use some of this season's best fruits  to test it out! I substituted whole what flour for all purpose and used all butter instead of part vegetable shortening (I also substituted a wine bottle for a rolling pin...but that worked just fine!). The ingredient swaps caused the crust to be much too crumbly for a lattice pattern on top, so I added oats and brown sugar to what was meant to be the top crust and crumbled it over the fruit filling. Despite not achieving the perfectly-woven pie crust look, it turned out delicious and was a hit at last weekend's BBQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment